Hi, I'm Rafael
I'm a software engineer and artist from Hamburg, creating web applications, games, music and everything else that's exciting.
As a software engineer, I work hard to produce maintainable, robust applications that are both useful to and usable for users. I know that to achieve this, a good team is key, so my top priorities are fostering communication, optimizing workflows to reduce bureaucracy and keeping an eye on the codebase as a whole to prevent technical roadstops in the future.
As an artist, I'm fascinated by everything creative, and have tried my hand at painting, making electronic music, all kinds of generative art, 2D and 3D animation and storytelling. All of these lead to my passion for game development.
- Song Sonar (source) - A smart spotify playlist with new releases of artists you follow.
- Youtube / Mixcloud - DJ sets, sometimes with visualizations rendered in Blender.
- lovetoys - An entity component system library for the love2d game engine.
- Hyper Oktagon (source) - A fast paced arcade game from the future.
While german is my mother tongue, I'm a fluent English speaker and capable of basic communication in spanish.
I like to learn, and continue to adopt new languages and frameworks all the time. I'm also used to quickly working into existing codebases.
- Backend Web Development:
- Languages - Rust, JS/TS, Python, Ruby, PHP
- Server Administration - GNU/Linux, Nginx, Ansible
- Databases - PostgreSQL, Redis
- Frontend Web Development:
- Functional languages - Elm, Clojurescript
- JS/TS - React, DOM API, Vue
- Game Development:
- Engines - Godot, Love2D, Unity3D
- Graphics - Photoshop, Blender
- Machine Learning - PyTorch, Pandas
- High Performance Computing - C, MPI, gdb / valgrind
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or find me on GitLab and Mastodon.